Audit Team Member Position
To facilitate continual growth in our firm, BiggsKofford is actively recruiting for an auditor in Colorado Springs, Co with anywhere between 1 – 3 years of experience in public accounting. An ideal candidate
would enjoy participating in audits of entities in a variety of industries including large closely held companies, non-profits, employee benefit plans and local governments.
BiggsKofford is best described as a “boutique” CPA firm. Approximately 1/3 of our revenue comes from consulting services, apart from traditional tax and audit. The firm has approximately 30 professionals working in Colorado Springs, just down the street from the Broadmoor Hotel.
We work as a cohesive firm without silos, which allows employees to help each other in a cooperative rather than competitive environment. Our array of services and level of sophistication compare with larger, national and regional CPA firms, yet our clientele are primarily middle-market closely-held businesses and their owners.
Working for BiggsKofford:
Our firm has a growth plan and process for developing new partners in the next few years. To accomplish this, we recruit high-energy and high-potential employees that are looking for a career with advancement and development potential.
Employees at BiggsKofford enjoy a flexible environment working as a part of an energetic and youthful team. We set our compensation in line with national CPA firms, to match the level of sophistication we expect from our professionals. We like to “work-hard / play-hard”, but keep
personal life balance with flexible work schedules. As an example, peak busy-season hours average only 57 hours per week, with 40-hour work weeks the remainder of the year.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degree in accounting
- One to three years of public accounting experience with an emphasis in auditing preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Becoming proficient at preparing financial statements
- Developing a command of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”), other financial reporting frameworks, and general financial statement presentation
- Developing a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards (“GAAS”), other attestation standards, and common audit procedures and techniques
- Assisting in identifying ways to provide additional value to clients
- Performing evaluations for team members assigned to your engagements
- Participating in community events and activities