Dates of intern program:
Late January through April 15. Unfortunately, we do not offer summer internships.
$19/hour (There will be no compensation for vacation, health or any other employee benefits as a temporary or seasonal employee.)
$200 per each full month and $100 per each half month. There are several apartment complexes within walking distance to the office. (The housing allowance is only for those individuals who have a housing expense and are relocating from outside El Paso and Teller counties.) Travel, housing and living expenses are paid by the intern.
Work Hour Expectation:
30 to 40 hours per week; more than 40 hours per week possible. Position requires working through Spring break.
Many of our interns are offered a full-time position as an Associate with our firm after completion of the internship and graduation with a four-year accounting degree.
Individuals at this level normally have a basic understanding of accounting, bookkeeping or tax preparation, but may not have obtained a four-year college degree that includes a significant concentration of accounting or tax courses. Interns are expected to:
- Must have completed Individual Income Tax Class
- Must have a GPA of 3.30 or higher
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Prepare tax returns
- Assist our professional staff in performing controllership and bookkeeping services for clients
- Assist our professional staff in preparing work papers, trial balances, depreciation schedules, entering data for computer applications and preparing engagement correspondence
- Assist our professional staff in gathering data for tax return preparation, maintaining our tax library and maintaining our client tax files
The job of the intern is both challenging and rewarding. With experience and supervision, individuals at this level can assume many of the responsibilities of Associates. However, advancement to higher levels of the professional staff will require the completion of a four-year college degree with either a major in accounting or an equivalent number of accounting and business courses.
Our Team Members are the single most valuable asset of our firm. You will find an open-door policy that provides you with support, direction and insight into the field of public accounting. BiggsKofford is located in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are one of the largest CPA firms in our city and have been providing professional services to our clients for over 35 years.