Expatriate Taxes

Expatriate Tax Services

At BiggsKofford CPA Firm, we take pride in serving clients with expatriate tax needs. Whether you are a U.S. resident working abroad, a non-U.S. resident with U.S. tax issues or a company assisting an employee in one of these situations, we can help.

For the U.S. resident working abroad or owning income property abroad, we have expertise in the following:

  • Maximizing foreign earned income exclusion
  • Maximizing foreign tax credit
  • Providing IRS representation and correspondence
  • Year-round planning and support

For the non-U.S. resident living in or owning property in the U.S., we have expertise in the following:

  • Non-resident tax return preparation
  • Application for withholding certificate for dispositions of US real property interests
  • Year-round planning and support

For businesses with foreign locations, foreign employees or U.S. employees working abroad, we offer:

  • Employee equalization calculations
  • Tax structure analysis to comply with foreign treaties
  • Application for U.S. residency certification
  • Year-round planning and support

We have assisted clients with tax issues in the following foreign countries: Afghanistan, Australia, Canada, China, Germany, Guatemala, Iraq, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Ukraine.

Please contact us if you have any questions about how BiggsKofford CPA Firm can serve you as an expatriate.

Helpful Links:

BiggsKofford’s Blog