BiggsKofford, CPA Firm, is searching for a motivated and experienced Audit Senior looking for a full-time, long-term career opportunity. This position has become available because our fast-growing department is experiencing an increased need for our services.
BiggsKofford, one of the largest boutique CPA firms in Colorado, primarily serves closely held businesses, nonprofits, and healthcare organizations. Audit Seniors at BiggsKofford experience working directly with small business owners and executive leadership of the organizations to report on what matters most to them. We create long-lasting relationships with clients and thrive when our clients thrive. We are team-oriented, offering a friendly work environment and remote work options.
BiggsKofford is a solution-oriented firm that goes beyond the traditional compliance function of an audit. This leads to projects assisting clients with any number of business matters to help them realize their goals. Candidates for this position should have a desire to consult with clients on many aspects of their business or organization, well beyond the audit engagement.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become proficient at planning and preparing financial statements
- Develop a command of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”), other financial reporting frameworks, and general financial statement presentation
- Develop a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards (“GAAS”), other attestation standards, and common audit procedures and techniques
- Perform effective risk and internal control assessments
- Assist in identifying ways to provide additional value to clients
- Effectively perform as a team member and help to develop skill sets that contribute to overall team abilities
- Meet assigned deadlines or budgets and demonstrate proactive communication regarding such
- Adhere to ethical business practices
- Other duties as required
Education, Experience, and Other Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degree in accounting; Master’s degree a plus
- CPA license a plus
- At least 2 years of relevant audit experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships, while asking tough questions
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000 to $100,000 per year, depending on experience