Client Facing Experienced Financial Controller Position
BiggsKofford, CPA Firm, is searching for a motivated and experienced Financial Controller looking for a full time, long-term career opportunity. The Financial Controller will be positioned in our VAST (Virtual Accounting Services Team) department. This position has become available because our fast-growing department is experiencing an increased need for our services.
BiggsKofford, one of the largest boutique CPA firms in Colorado Springs, primarily serves closely held businesses and business owners. We are entrepreneurs serving entrepreneurs. Therefore, Financial Controllers at BiggsKofford experience working directly with the owners of businesses to report on what matters most to them. We create long-lasting relationships with clients and thrive when our clients thrive. We are team-oriented, offering a friendly work environment and remote work options.
The Financial Controller will work with multiple clients across a range of complexities and industries. This position successfully manages accounting records, evaluates and manages risk, ensures compliance with regulations, publishes financial statements, oversees accounting operations, analyzes financial data, monitors expenditures, forecasts revenue, coordinates auditing processes, and ensures the accuracy of financial information.
This is an operational accounting position that requires strong financial, leadership, and personnel management skills. The Financial Controller reports directly to the Senior Management of the firm, establishing positive, impactful relationships with team members, clients, consultants, tax partners, banking institutions, and company vendors.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide proactive assistance to team members and department managers in execution of department initiatives
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to clients by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of client assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Manages day-to-day accounting of multiple clients, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, and revenue recognition, as necessary
- Assists with the review of accounting tasks, including payroll, tax preparation and compliance matters; collaborates and helps prepares statements for tax partners for both planning and compliance
- Coordinates with external financial, compliance, and retirement funding/reporting activities
- Adheres to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) when required
- Adheres to ethical business practices
- Other duties as required
- Self-motivator with a high level of attention to detail, deadlines, organization, and time management
- Effective communicator with all levels of an organization, written and verbal
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Ability to multi-task, switching between clients throughout any given day
- Computer literate with a strong ability to learn multiple software programs simultaneously and effectively
- Excellent Excel, Word and Adobe PDF skills
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Bill.com & Expensify preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or proven experience to match
- 2+ years Controller Level experience
- Tax Experience a plus
- This is a full-time salaried position averaging 40 hours per week and includes benefits.
Pay: $70,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year