BiggsKofford, CPA Firm, is searching for a motivated and experienced Staff Accountant looking for a full time, long-term career opportunity. The Staff Accountant will be positioned in our VAST (Virtual Accounting Services Team) department. Although this position will not work directly in the Tax and Audit departments, will collaborate with them when needed. This position has become available because our fast-growing department is experiencing an increased need for our services.
BiggsKofford, one of the largest boutique CPA firms in Colorado Springs, primarily serves closely held businesses and business owners. We are entrepreneurs serving entrepreneurs. Therefore, Staff Accountants at BiggsKofford experience working directly with the owners of businesses to report on what matters most to them. We create long-lasting relationships with clients and thrive when our clients thrive. We are team-oriented, offering a friendly work environment and remote work options.
The Staff Accountant will work with multiple clients across a range of complexities and industries, handling various accounting tasks, supporting team members, and maintaining direct communication with clients.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare month end schedules and reports
- Generate month end financial statements
- Preparing and processing payroll
- Cash flow reporting
- Coding and entering accounts payable
- Communication with clients and team members
- Monitor adherence to controls, regulations and procedures
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Provide proactive assistance to team members and department managers in execution of department initiatives
- Other duties as required
- Self-motivator with a high level of attention to deadlines, organization and time management
- Effective communicator with all levels of an organization, written and verbal
- Experience working in a professional office environment
- Ability to multi-task, switching between clients throughout any given day
- Ability to learn multiple software programs simultaneously and effectively
- Excellent Excel, Word and Adobe PDF skills
- Experience with QuickBooks® Online, Bill.com & Expensify a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or proven experience to match
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience preferred
This is a full-time salaried position averaging 40 hours per week and includes benefits.
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year