Our internship program consists of both tax and audit internships during the year.
Spring Tax and Audit Internship: Late January through April 15
Summer Audit Internship: Mid May through August 15
Compensation: $26/hour as a temporary or seasonal employee. Eligibility for compensation for vacation, health, and other employee benefits are considered for permanent employees only.
Work Hour Expectation: 25 to 40 hours per week; more than 40 hours per week optional.
Spring internship requires working through Spring break.
Post-Internship Hiring: Many of our interns are offered a permanent position as an Associate with our firm after completion of the internship.
Intern Requirements: Individuals at this level normally have a basic understanding of accounting, audit and attestation services, or tax preparation, but may not have obtained a four-year college degree that includes a significant concentration of accounting or tax courses. Interns are expected to have a GPA of 3.30 or higher.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Prepare tax returns and assist in preparing financial statements
- Assist our professional staff in performing controllership and bookkeeping services for clients
- Assist our professional staff in preparing work papers, trial balances, depreciation schedules, entering data for computer applications and preparing engagement correspondence for the tax or audit departments
- Assist our professional staff in gathering data for tax return and financial statement preparation, maintaining our tax and audit library, and maintaining our client files.
The job of the intern is both challenging and rewarding. With experience and supervision, individuals at this level can assume many of the responsibilities of Associates. Upon completion of a four-year college degree with either a major in accounting or an equivalent number of accounting and business courses, interns are able to advance to higher levels of professional staff.
Our Team Members are the single most valuable asset of our firm. You will find an open-door policy that provides you with support, direction and insight into the field of public accounting. BiggsKofford is located in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are one of the largest CPA firms in our city and have been providing professional services to our clients for over 35 years.